Positive Behaviour Support
Positive behaviour support is an approach that helps reduce stress in the people we support and the people who care for them, whether families or staff. It does so by establishing the causes of behaviours that challenge and addressing these.
Our Behaviour Support Team have considerable experience in working with individuals with an intellectual disability, acquired brain injury or autistic spectrum condition.
Our Positive Behaviour Support specialists can:
- Complete comprehensive behavioural assessments and transition plans including mental health assessments, autism specific assessments, sensory profiling, etc.
- Support teams to develop behaviour support plans
- Provide accredited Positive Behaviour Management training for staff
- Provide support and guidance on dealing with behaviours that challenge
- Coach and mentor staff in communication skills, listening and information gathering, negotiation and problem solving and specific approaches such as low arousal, PECS, ABA, TEACCH and others.